Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question re 90-day entry permit 2009/1/7 02:58
If an American enters Japan on a 90-day entry permit, do I need to show an outbound flight ticket or do you just need your passport?
by Margaret  

... 2009/1/7 07:57
I believe it is the check-in personnel back in the US, which will make sure that you have either a return ticket or a visa for living in Japan before you board the plane. At the Japanese immigration itself, I don't think they check for return tickets.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Coming to Japan 2009/1/7 08:01
Uji is right. As Japan does technically require proof of return/onward travel, airline check-in staff may question you if you are travelling on a one-way flight, as they are liable if you are turned away from Japan.

Japan Immigration/customs are unlikely to check unless they decide to question you thoroughly for some reason- for example, they suspect you of coming to Japan to look for work.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Never had to show ticket 2009/1/7 09:56
I've never been asked to show an outbound ticket after travelling in and out of Japan some six times in 2 years. I've even travelled to Japan on a one-way ticket of of Bankok though I was required by the airline to sign a form indemnifying them in the event that I was turned back. Technically I believe you could be asked to show evidence of your outward travel - this is the case in other countries as well.
by Jon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread