Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Edoya 2009/1/8 05:16
Has anyone every stayed at Hotel Edoya in Ueno? The accomadation I was hoping to book for my family was fully booked but this Hotel/Ryokan seems quiet reasonably priced for Tokyo and incl breakfast. I have googled the hotel and cant seem to find anything negative in past few years (a couple of not so happy campers 3-4years ago) but on a whole all pretty ok reports. Can any of the Japan-guide regulars provide any info? Staying with 3 adults and 3 young kids in late March.
by deaks1999  

*** 1/2 2009/1/10 23:16
I stayed there last Jan with my brother. The area was a bit quiet and out of the way so we didnt really like it but the ryokan wasn't bad.

I would give it 3 1/2 stars. Its nothing luxurious, simple rooms with OK designs and adequate toilets/shower. I didnt like the way the sink was placed right infront of the enterance to the room and then the toilet was in a seperate extremely small closet/room and the bath/shower area/room was pretty dark and old looking. The room was ok but after 3 nights we decided we wanted to stay somewhere ''nice'' and changed our hotel. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and dont mind being a bit far away from all the popular places then its OK. the staff are super friendly and helpful.

hope this helps.
by Emma (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks. 2009/1/12 06:02
Hey Emma thanks for your advice. Not so fussed on out of the way as long as its not 2 hours out and surrounded in rice paddies. LOL. Travelling with 3 little kids its hard to find a place that will let us all stay in 1 room and not make us book 2. We are planning to do the Ueno Zoo and stuff as well so figured that was reasonably close. Can I ask where did bou book into after that? Was it much more expensive?
Liz.
by Deaks rate this post as useful

reply to this thread