Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Volunteer guides 2009/1/9 23:51
Ifve read recommendations for the evolunteer guidesf that are available in Tokyo and Kansai. As I will be visiting Osaka in late March I was wondering if anyone through experience knows the sensible time to arrange a guide? Ifm guessing that 10 weeks before is too early (I could never commit to something that far in advance!), but equally I donft want to leave it too late and not be able to find an available guide.
by phil  

... 2009/1/10 17:48
http://www.visitkansai.com/volunteer_guide/about.php

You might want to inquire through a site like the one above; obviously, how busy those people get depend on the season as well.

For Osaka, any particular reason why you want a guide? To me, since it is a city, it's an area you look around yourself, UNLESS you have particular interest in historical sites and having the background explained by a guide.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

2 few weeks in advance 2009/1/10 18:31
I felt convenient when I received the application from our guests a few weeks in advance when I was a goodwill guide in Tokyo.

by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks for the responses 2009/1/10 22:05
AK, my reasons for wanting a guide are that Ifve only got the one full day in Osaka and I thought it might be good to have a guide for the day to help ensure that I make the most out of that time. Usually I like looking after myself but from past experience, some Japanese cities can be difficult to make the most of in a very short visit unless you really have planned well. Plus I like the idea of experiencing some interaction with a local person other than just shop or bar staff. And I can maybe practise a little of my little Japanese and they can maybe practise their English which is, I beleive, sometimes part of the volunteer guide's motivation.

V, If you appreciate a few weeks notice, I will probably leave it until 6 weeks before I travel to Osaka before applying.
by harkins rate this post as useful

reply to this thread