Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

accomadation Kyoto/Osaka & Eiga Mura 2009/1/13 05:42
Hi- we are looking for cheap, nice clean accomadation in either Kyoto or Osaka for a few days (up to a week) that is family friendly (lugging the 3 little kids around with us). We have found the Tour Club Kyoto and Crossroads in Kyoto. Has anyone ever stayed there or could they make any suggestions of decent affordable places to stay.
Also does anyone know if Eiga Mura in Kyoto has its own website (I went there many years ago and thought the kids might like it).
by Deaks  

... 2009/1/13 10:02
I stayed in Tour club for 1 night, it was ok but it was a bit shabby and the bathroom wasn't the cleanest. There are also really steep narrow stairs going up to the rooms which was difficult to lug a suitcase up (I don't usually complain about stairs but they were pretty bad!).

I have stayed in Ryokan Shimizu in Kyoto which is 1 street accross from Tour Club (so a bit closer to Kyoto station). It was great, it had really comfortable futons and nice western ensuit bathrooms. They were really friendly and brought us tea when we first arrived and gave us these little warm heat pads to keep us warm as it was snowing. I would recommend them, a bit more expensive than Tour Club though but worth the extra money. Check out their website.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread