Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to visit 2009/1/13 11:54
Hi, I will be staying in tokyo for 12 -14 hours on my way to US. Can anyone please help me with the places that i should be visting in my short stay.Thank you.
by cherry (guest)  

Hmm... 2009/1/14 10:04
What are your interests? Tokyo is quite large and has many things to offer for any taste.
by Chutoro rate this post as useful

JR Yamanote line 2009/1/14 10:54
In one hour you can see the inner city of Tokyo from the train windows of the mostly elevated circular Yamanote line. Click below for the stations and neighborhoods it serves:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2370.html
by Steve (guest) rate this post as useful

Places to visit 2009/1/14 11:07
Hi,

As i dont hav much time am not sure as to what places i can visit. I do want to wander around the city nd visit the places for which i dnt hav to travel far. Also i want to check out the electronics market in Tokyo. so please advise
by cherry (guest) rate this post as useful

day or night 2009/1/14 12:11
It depends on if you stay in Tokyo in the daytime or at night.

Tokyo's daytime attractions are the Imperial Palace, Tokyo metropolitan goverment observatory. Akihabara Electronics Town etc. Night attractions are bars, restaurants and clubs.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/14 12:36
Do you have 12 - 14 hours "between flights," or is 12 - 14 hours really the time you have IN Tokyo? And is it daytime?

If it's only 12 - 14 hours between flights, for your information, this was what was suggested for an 8-hour layover:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+47014

You do have a few more hours than this poster, though :) If your time in Japan is during the day, and you are interested in electronics, you could take a train into central Tokyo and go to Akihabara. You could also get to see a bit of Imperial Palace/Gardens, then get back to Narita airport.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread