Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

planning a trip 2009/1/18 03:42
hey guys, this is my first post so please be nice. i'm a 23 year old male filippino-american traveling to japan for my first time (alone). i plan to travel around the end of june and stay till the first or second week of july. is it easy to meet people over there that i can chill with? what things should i expect? i have done some research and currently am learning phrases that would somewhat ease the travel. any tips and info you guys can give would be most appreciated. and lastly... anyone traveling there around the same time? hehe
by cgrama2  

Rainy season 2009/1/18 10:45
Late June and early July is usually the rainy season in the most part of Japan.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2277.html
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks so much 2009/1/18 11:27
yeah, i was trying to figure out when the rainy season was. thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. it's just that i was also trying find the cheapest time to fly during the summer. do you have any suggestions?
by cgrama2 rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/18 12:45
Don't worry about learnnig too many phrases, unless you enjoy it. I learnt some before I went and didn't even use most of them. All train stations are signposted in English and it is easy to find your way around. I also found that a lot of people spoke at least some basic English. Useful phrases are thank you: "arigato gozaimas" and excuse me: "sumimasen" which is a great one to use to get someones attention or if you are in a crowded area and need to get past people.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

reply to this thread