Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Insurance for Musical Instruments? 2009/1/29 15:48
I have some musical instruments that I would like to insure as comprehensively as possible (to full replacement value of around 6-7 million, if possible). Insurance to cover any eventuality, such as fire, theft, (quake??), but not travel.

My current AIU household insurance is, quite frankly, a joke and barely covers a replacement cup of Komeda coffee!

If anyone knows of companies in Japan or overseas who would be able to deal with this, I'd be most grateful for your suggestions.
by Nula (guest)  

,,, 2009/1/29 18:30
I believe there is a type of household goods/movable assets insurance scheme for *valuables,* where you specifically list the valuable items and get individual quotes on those items.

For musical instruments, I've heard the insurance amount would be up to around 80% of the purchase price, and the amount declines over 10 years (unless you are talking about million-dollar kind of instruments). The insurance premium you pay in might differ between professionals and amateurs. Just ask your insurance company; everyone has it :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/1/29 19:18
Thank you for that, AK.

Could I ask your/anyone's help further by giving me some key Japanese terms/phrases I might need to ensure the insurance company will understand exactly what I'm after?
by Nula (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread