Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Disabled and looking to move. 2009/2/1 01:54
Hello I was wondering if someone could help me. I am looking to move to Japan sometime in the future. After numerous failed relationships and a marriage it's time for a change.

Only thing is a have a asthma related disability and I was wondering how hard would it be to find work.income ,or even any source of funds. Do you have to be a teacher or a student to live and work in Japan.
by Dawg82 (guest)  

disability? 2009/2/1 10:28
how bad is your disability?

if it's something that prohibits you from working it's obviously going to be a problem to come here and survive.

english teaching / being a student aren't the only options available but they are the easiest and they do provide opportunities to make decent money especially for the little amount of effort required.

if you have a degree in IT or some other tech related field you can probably find a job in a big city with a little searching.

if you don't have a degree, and are american, don't bother coming as anything other than a student or a tourist.

you can get a student visa by enrolling in a japanese language school which can be surprisingly cheap, around 240,000yen for a year at some schools, which will enable you to get a visa and start working part time to support yourself. i'd recommend that route if you don't already have a degree.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread