Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn 2009/2/3 14:00
What time is it that a free breakfast is ready to serve at Toyoko Inn? I have booked 9 nights with them in various cities during this coming April. My plan is to leave the hotel for a sighseeing quite early in each morning. Just dont want to miss a free breakfast to save my budget!!

Thank you very much.
by Guest (guest)  

breakfast 2009/2/3 15:17
can't remember for sure but it is 7 am, or may be even a bit earlier. Not too many stores or sightseeing places are open at that time and it only takes 30 min. max to eat the breakfast so have your breakfast!
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

To Monkey see 2009/2/3 19:28
thanksss, I think so.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn Fukuoka 2009/2/3 19:49
Has anyone been to the Toyoko Inn in Fukuoka (the one near Hakata station)? Is it ok - otherwise would you know a cheap but cheerfull place to stay for one night? Many thanks.
by Japanese Frog rate this post as useful

Toyoko 2009/2/4 00:35
which one? there are 4 of them in Hakata. 3 of them have eki in the name meaning they are very close from the station. Toyoko inn are pretty much all the same, as they are built by the toyoko building division (have you looked at the photos of various T. inns? the lobbies and rooms are standards--with only some lobbies being a bit bigger than others). The only difference is how close/ far from a station they are.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Gion & Eki Minami 2009/2/4 14:21
If I have time, I stay at the Gion, one stop on the subway or a short walk north underground from the station (or above if you want). It's right next to the temple area to the east and a short walk to Canal City and Nakasu to the west. It's pretty much like the other Toyoko Inns.

If I've got an early flight, I stay at the Eki Minami, a bit farther from the station even though it has "eki" in its name. It's about a 15 minute walk past Yodobashi Camera from the east exit of the station. I stay here because they have a free morning shuttle to the airport. They also have a free shuttle to and from the station after 4 PM and in the morning. The singles are a bit smaller so the price is a few hundred yen cheaper.
by kokumamushi rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/10 23:34
may i know what kind of breakfast they serve at Toyoko? Western or japanese? How's the rating? :)
by beams (guest) rate this post as useful

Depends 2009/2/10 23:42
You have to look into the site of the individual inn. They will tell. Usually Japanese but some also have toast and croissant.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Breakfast 2009/2/11 04:00
At all the Toyokos I've stayed at to date, the breakfast was non-stuffed onigiri (rice balls with no surprise in the middle) with 2 or 3 different coatings on the outsides, Japanese pickles, miso soup, and coffee or tea. It was usually from 7 AM to 9.

At one they also served an evening meal of curry rice at 6 PM.
by kokumamushi rate this post as useful

breakfast 2009/2/11 06:22
whenever I stay at a Toyoko Inn I see that many of the Caucasians guests eat the free Japanese breakfast. It is filling and bland enough not to surprise those who have no experience of Japanese food. A lady friend of us, from Canada, went out on her own the first morning and tried North American style pancakes. She found them bland and too expensive and had the Toyoko breakfast for the rest of our stay.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread