Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working 2009/2/4 00:11
I was curious how easy it is to get a job as a bouncer or bartender in japan, or any other job that doesnt require a degree? Im about 6'2, 195 pounds, blond hair blue eye, good looking, and have an impressive resume(just no BA) . I taught english in China for about a year, but I hear you need a BA for japan, so thats outta the question. Please give me some feedback:)
by Brandon (guest)  

Jobs 2009/2/4 11:38
Brandon,

The degree requirement is a stipulation for getting a proper working visa. If you have a visa that allows you to work (e.g. Working Holiday Visa or Spouse Visa), then you shouldn't have too much trouble finding work as a teacher or bouncer without a university degree.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

BA for the visa, not the job 2009/2/4 16:14
You need a bachelor's degree (doesn't have to be a BA) to be sponsored for a working visa in Japan. If you are from one of the countries with a working holiday visa agreement with Japan and are under 31, you can come over on that visa, although technically you are not supposed to work at nightclubs.

If you can't get a WHV, don't have a degree or Japanese wife, then I'm afraid you won't be able to work legally in Japan unless you become a full time student here and work on the side.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread