Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golden Week 2009/2/4 12:57
I've just realised that the two week mostly driving holiday we are planning falls across Golden Week - is this going to be a nightmare for travel? Is it worth rescheduling? or will it just be busy across 5 days?
Thanks for your help!
by pointeyearedpixie  

I'd avoid it 2009/2/4 19:05
Depending on in which part of Japan or from which city to which city you will travel, I'd avoid driving between major cities of Japan during Golden Week. The crowded highway can last 50km.

by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Golden Week Worries 2009/2/5 03:20
You sound just like me this time last year! I also planned my vacation during Golden Week.

I was told the conditions change every year depending on which day of the week each holiday falls upon, but I did not experience all that much trouble. I think you should be fine as long as you check traffic conditions ahead of time (if you're able) and make sure you know exactly how to get to where you're going.

Good luck, and have fun!
by Kelly (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/6 18:55
Depends on when and where you travel, you could experience no problems at all or you could have a hellish trip or something in between.
by Uji rate this post as useful

golden week train 2009/2/7 23:35
I am also having a holiday during this period. I will be using the train all the time in the tohoku region ....Akita
and Amori area.Any advise for me? Thanks
by florence (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/8 09:49
Trains from Tokyo into the Tohoku region can be expected to be extremely crowded on May 2 and 3, and in the opposite direction on May 5 and 6. Apart from that you should expect busier than usual trains, but not as extreme as on the above mentioned days and directions.

...how about 2009/2/10 23:22
how about train travel from sapporo to toya on 6th May and toya to hakodate on 7th May? I will also reach Narita on 9th May afternoon to go to Tokyo..will it be hard to get onto train?
thanks..
by beams (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/11 08:27
The train from Sapporo to Toya could be quite busy. But any trip on May 7th and later will not be affected by Golden Week traffic, and you should encounter no extreme situations.

reply to this thread