Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Senshu Gakko and Senmon Gakko 2009/2/7 01:37
Is there any difference between a Senshu Gakko and Senmon Gakko?
Is the formal more like a caollege while the latter more like a vocational school?
One of my Japanese co-worker was talking about another Japanese co-working and then said something like "it's a pity he only graduated from a sepcialized school and came out to work at 20".
I don't really understand what he means by that...

by Jodie (guest)  

an opinion 2009/2/7 15:38
I don't think that an average Japanese person understands the difference between Senshu Gakko and Senmon Gakko. A quick internet search tells me that Senmon Gakko (along with Koto Senshu Gakko) belong to the category of Senshu Gakko.

The quote "it's a pity he only graduated from a sepcialized school and came out to work at 20". can mean a few things. It can mean (A) "it's a pity he only graduated a small college where you only study for a year or two under one theme, and not a four-year university where you are able to study and experience various things in a long span" or it can mean (B) "it's a pity that since he went to a small college, therefore graduating fast, he is too young" or it can mean (C) "it's a pity that since he only went to a small college and since he is young, he is not able to share the advantages of older uni graduates, such as higher salary or promised positions" etc., etc., etc. Most likely (C), though.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread