Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climbing Fuji in March 2009/2/8 11:28
I am planning on climbing Fuji next month (I am bringing my mountaineering gear), what is the highest station that I can get dropped off by bus or car or train? assuming moderate conditions how many hours to the top? what time should I start..and any avalanche dangers or routefinding difficulties?
Arigato
by Barry Brolley (guest)  

... 2009/2/8 13:26
what is the highest station that I can get dropped off by bus or car or train?

If road conditions allow, you can get as far as the 5th Station by car. But the road could as well be completely closed, in which case you would have to start from the base. There is no public transportation.

assuming moderate conditions how many hours to the top?

Depending on whether you can make it as far as the 5th Station or not, the altitude difference is about 1500 to 2500 meters (one way) in the ice. I hope you know how many hours of hiking this translates to. In moderate conditions, I am pretty sure it takes 24 hours or more for the round trip from the 5th Station. Or about three days from the base.

and any avalanche dangers or routefinding difficulties?

Yes.

From your questions, it is obvious that you need to do a lot more serious research in case you really want to climb to the summit of Mount Fuji in winter.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread