Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Time to see Narita?/1 day in Hakodate 2009/2/10 16:10
I will be arriving Narita at 7.30 am. My connecting flight to Hakodate is at 2.40 pm.

I hope to drop by Narita Town for a visit before I catch my connecting flight (sufficient time?). I hope to walk down the streets of Omotesando (but not the temples).

How do I get to Omotesando from Narita Airport? How long does it take? How can I keep my luggage at Narita?

I will arrive at Hakodate Airport at 4 pm. I will be renting a car from Hakodate and driving around the city. Proposed a one-day stay - sufficient? I hope to visit Mount Hakodate. Is it better to view it at night? Is it open at night?

Next morning, I hope to visit the morning market, Motomachi and the harbour area. Will visit Onuma Park on the way to Sapporo.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
by Jade Lee (guest)  

... 2009/2/10 22:49
There is no direct flight from Narita Airport to Hakodate. I suspect that your flight to Hakodate leaves from Tokyo's other airport, Haneda Airport.

How to transfer between Narita and Haneda:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html?aFROM=2027_2430

You could now make a stop over in Tokyo instead of Narita.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Check your flights 2009/2/11 03:11
As Uji states, your Hakodate flight is probably from Haneda Airport. It's going to take you a couple of hours to transfer there, either by Y3000 shuttle bus or Y1500 trains (1 transfer). I would confirm this before leaving the airport to tour. With customs and the transfer you may find that you don't have as much time as you thought.

When I go into Narita City and environs during a long transfer, I check my bags on the next flight before leaving the airport and only take my carry-on with me. If this isn't an option, there is a baggage check at Narita as well as some small lockers at Narita Station.

In Hakodate, you don't need a car. The street cars will get you close to everything you need, and if you're in a greater hurry, you can take a taxi. The road to the top of Hakodate-san is closed to private cars in the evening when many tour buses climb to the top. You can take a bus from in front of the station or the tramway (rope way) that can take you to the summit buildings at this time.

On your way out of town heading for Sapporo, renting a car is a good idea as you can see things and stop along the way. Besides Onuma, you can cut inland and check out Lake Toya, Shikotsuko, Mt. Yotei, and Jozankei coming in to Sapporo near Mt. Moiwa - options you wouldn't have if you took the train or just drove the highway.
by kokumamushi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread