Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

For those married in Japan... 2009/2/13 01:52
Dear all,

I know that the answer to my question depends on the individual and that I should search the answer for it in myself, rather than in others... However, I would like to ask it anyways.

For those settled in Japan:

What were the reasons that made you decide to marry in Japan and settle down here?

I know that probably the most common answers to that question would be something like "loving your partner" and "like (or willing to accept) the life style of Japan", however, I would like to hear what were the reasons behind your decision.

If someone would like to share it, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much,
by Wondering (guest)  

Since no one seems to be responding 2009/2/15 17:20
I'm not mixed-married, but by observing friends who are of international marriage, I sense that reasons like "loving your partner" and "like (or willing to accept) the life style of Japan" are quite secondary.

When it comes to choosing a country to live in, it all seems to come down to which place has the job fit for you (not meaning best job opportunities in general), which place offers the education fit for your children at that certain age (not meaning best education in general) or which of your in-laws needs you most. I've seen couples and families go back and forth countries for these reasons. I even hear that a lot of people recommend that, when you're mixed-married, it's better to live in a country where neither of the couple grew up in.

You can't live by love alone.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

married 2009/2/16 06:31
Based on my experience and the experience of others I know Uco is 100% right. I just want to add that in many cases there was no great plan made in advance. Things just happened. In fact I worry about people who say I have never been to.. but know that I want to live in that country.. or I am only attracted to guys/ girls from.. because they set them up for a rude awakening.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread