Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JLPT 2 2009/2/13 10:18
how long would it take some one with no Japanese ability to learn enough to pass the Japanese language Proficiency Test level 2? Are there classes for preparation for this test in Japan? Thanks!
by Dan (guest)  

At least 2009/2/13 11:41
At least 2 years, if you were studying full time in Japan.. Otherwise I'd say at least 3-4 years. It's different for everyone, but I've been living in Japan for 2 years and study for 2-3 hours most days and I wouldn't pass it.
by The man (guest) rate this post as useful

passing 2009/2/13 11:43
well ,that depends on the person and how much you learn...
there are such preperation courses and they take 2 years.
some friends cannot even pass the test after 3 years of studying japanese...well, they haven`t learned it in japan, but even I, who is now living a whole year in japan, don`t think that I will pass.

so, just start learning it. then you`ll see how long it will take
by s (guest) rate this post as useful

@ 2009/2/14 05:33
Level 2 is pretty hard. WHere are you now? Basically if you live in Japan for 3 years you should be able to pass it. Assuming you actually study.
by elkarlo rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2009/2/15 03:07
Thank you all for your input! I am actually now living in the US but am considering moving to Japan to teach English. I would like to be able to look into other opportunities, but I would definately need to develop my Japanese language ability (which is unfortunately none at this point).
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

jlpt2 2009/3/16 02:03
Japanese language is easier for those who has Chinese language background. You can understand the Kanji even if you do not know the pronunciation. It may take one year for them to pass JLPT 2 if they study full time in japan.
by @my (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread