Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nice place between Yamato and Tokyo 2009/2/18 21:50
I'm thinking of taking a new job in Yamato City. I was wondering what are some nice, convenient, inexpensive places to live in between there and Tokyo. I had also looked at Kamakura (not near Tokyo) but seems nice, but expensive.I'd like to be able to go to Tokyo on weekends within an hr. and be near the sea. Is that possible?
by girl (guest)  

How about Yokohama? 2009/2/24 23:55
The city of Yokohama has one of the biggest and historical harbors in Japan. Roughtly, it is less than half an hour to Tokyo, more or less depending on where you're heading. Roughly half an hour to Yamato, more or less depending on where you're heading. But the city hardly has beaches where you can swim. In Yamato to Tokyo area, where there are beaches, there will be too much traffic on weekends, Kamakura being one of the most crowded areas.

If you can name specific train stations you have in mind and what you seek in the sea, someone may be able to give you a better answer.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread