Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oversee purchase of JR pass 2009/2/24 11:21
''When purchasing the pass inside Japan, you are limited to the purchase of one pass, and have to show your passport and your return air ticket'' - Does this mean oversee purchaser can buy more than one pass? (Iie.. I can buy multiple pass...correct?)
by JO (guest)  

. 2009/2/24 16:03
That quote is in reference to certain other Japan Rail Passes such as the JR West or JR East Pass. The regular Japan Rail Pass CAN ONLY be purchased outside of Japan.

There is no limit to how many passes you can purchase, however the question is, is it really that economical for you to purchase so many passes and still save money.

It depends all depends on your travel itinerary.

Maybe you can post some of it, to see if you are making a good decision or not.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Train passes 2009/2/24 16:19
I've just bought 2 seven day passes for £450 including postage, for my trip to Japan in April. It would cost approx £100 just to get to and from the airport, so figure it'll be good value.
by JP (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/2/24 16:37
100 US dollars?

It can cost as low as 20 US dollars round trip from Tokyo to Narita Airport.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/2/24 16:53
Note that Japan Rail Passes make sense only if you make long-distance trips within the validity period. If you are staying only within a city, for example Tokyo, then buying individual tickets come out cheaper.

For a 7-day Japan Rail Pass, if you do the Tokyo - Kyoto/Osaka roundtrip on Shinkansen trains within that 7-day period, it pays off :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread