Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to make Japanese jello? 2009/2/24 11:41
When I went to Japan to stay at the hot spring, the desert that they served was the lychee jello/jelly in a cup. Basically it taste the same as those jello thing that you see in most asian grocery store. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, does anybody know how to make them? I'm having a party and those would be lovely to serve.
by fruiteechi  

Jelly 2009/2/24 14:18
Fruiteechi,

You can make the jelly in the same way you would for just about any fruit jelly... buy a can of lychees and some gelatin powder. Japanese jelly often uses kanten (agar) instead of gelatin.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

non-Japanese recipe 2009/2/24 16:46
Lychee was hardly available in Japan until stores started selling canned lychee recently due to the Southeast Asian fad. Lychee jelly is likely to have been made from a non-Japanese recipe, typically a South-Asian one. If you know the Asian recipe, follow that. I suppose ready-made ones are available at stores where they sell South Asian goods.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread