Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa sponsorship (just opened company)? 2009/3/2 11:03
I have a question about visa sponsorship issue. Can a new company (let`s say the one which was opened 3-4 month ago) sponsor a working visa for a foreigner?If so, what are the required documents?

Thanks a lot in advance!
by VI (guest)  

Visa for company 2009/3/2 16:23
Yes, they can help you get a work visa. The documents are provided by the company and then you have to present that to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country and wait!
Wait... Wait... Wait...

Good luck.

Chad
by chadpeterson rate this post as useful

Feasible? 2009/3/2 16:51
So what are the documents required? I`ve heard that immigration is not issuing visas if you are to work for a new company, that the company had to be opened at least 1 year ago to be able to sponsor visa?
by VU (guest) rate this post as useful

huh? 2009/3/2 16:54
when you know such stuff, than why are you asking?
you said the immigration bureau said that a company have to be at least one year old..your company is 3-4months old...
I would guess the answer is NO...

Or did I miss sth?
by dotcom (guest) rate this post as useful

not sure 2009/3/2 17:20
i said that i`ve heard but actually it was not from immigration...i was wondering if someone has been to similar situation and can give me a definite information.
by VU (guest) rate this post as useful

Visa to work 2009/3/2 23:57
I never heard about how long the company should exist before they can ask for foreign employee to come. I guess it's really up to the company. If they really want you to work, they will find a way.

Lots of things in Japan is who you know rather than the letter of the law even though recently things started to change. When I used to do business, I always used a reputable lawyer to handle all legal and immigration stuff and because this legal firm was so well known by government official, it went so smoothly while other firms I knew had nothing but trouble with delays. The only drawback was that they were expensive. It cost 35,000 yen per hour!

Chad
by chadpeterson rate this post as useful

reply to this thread