Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What should I do to study in Japan. 2009/3/2 11:58
Hello guys!

I have been living in the United States for 2 years (I'm from South America), I'm 18 years old.

I have been doing some research about moving to Japan, since I would love to go there in order to study, develop new skills and learn the Japanese language.

I have not gratuaded from High School yet, and currentyl I'm not attending a High School (one of the counselors at the school where I used to go told me that in order to save some time, I should wait for Spring and apply in a Technical College to get a diploma + an Associated Degree at the same time in 2 1/2 years).

So, I have been looking on the Internet about programs for students to go to study to Japan, but these require you to have a high GPA (Mine is not since I didn't know English when I started High School here, therefore my grades are not so good), be enrolled in a High School and have a sponsor, and even worse; pay insanely high amounts of money.

So basically my questions are; Is there a way for people like me to go to study in Japan and get some kind of diploma/certification of completition useful, and learn the language?

Do you guys know of a program that is free or at least pretty cheap for people like me to go to Japan to study?

Based on what I told you, what should I do if I want to go to Japan to learn new things about its culture, language, people, etc and even possible stay there for living?

Thank you so much guys, please, enlight me.
by JohnHenryEden (guest)  

you'll have to wait 2009/3/2 16:25
But... there's a chance that you can work in Japan for JET. As long as you have a good accent and extensive knowledge of English, you might have a chance at being an ALT. You can't apply until the fall.
here's their site:
http://www.jetprogramme.org/
by UreshiiMiko rate this post as useful

studying 2009/3/2 16:27
please go back to previous pages in the forum with a title similar to yours ..this question has been asked and answered hundreds of times.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Need a Bachelor's 2009/3/2 22:34
If you really want to live in Japan you should be aiming for a full Bachelor's degree, not just an Associate's. Without a full degree, you will not get a working visa here. If you are serious about living in Japan as more than just a year or so as a student, start working towards a full degree.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread