Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

gaijin-friendly bars in kabukicho 2009/3/10 12:23
i just realized that the hotel i booked, best western astina, is in kabukicho. while it has really good reviews on trip advisor, i want to make sure this is an ok area to stay in, being that it's red light district. i understand that during the day it is ok, but i planned on going out exploring at night. i want to make sure i dont end up going into a strip club/hostess bar unknowingly and be charged exorbitant fees or something. what are some good bars/clubs that are foreigner-friendly?
by sumisu (guest)  

.... 2009/3/10 18:35
Don't go to any Kabukicho bar unless you are with a friend who knows the area. Otherwise, you will be ripped off. These bars will charge salarymen who go alone 10,000+ yen for a glass of beer, then add a table charge to the tab. Large men with tattoos in dark suits will help you to pay the tab if you seem to have difficulty.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

There's at least one good bar... 2009/3/10 19:51
This probably isnft too helpful but I went into a bar in Kabukicho last May and it was fine and very friendly. The reason that this isnft too helpful is that I have no idea what it was called or exactly where it is, but, it did have a sign outside that said in English, eno cover chargef, or something to that effect. And it wasnft down a side street or alley, so wander around the area and you should stumble across it. There was a David Beckham clock on the wall inside (but donft let that put you off!), the beer was reasonably priced and the staff were very friendly. On the Saturday I went in they had a couple of small TVfs showing football and the Sunday night I went in it was quiet and I drank and chatted with some local origami experts (they gave me a frog) and they played a CD I bought earlier in the day on the bars CD player. I didnft ask, they just offered to play it for me! A great little bar.
by phil (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread