Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yamanote Sounds - CD 2009/3/18 05:27
Hi,

does anybody know this CD?

http://www.amazon.com/JR-Yamanote-Line-Platform-Sounds/...

Are those the "real" tunes as you can hear them on the platforms or are the re-arranged?
by Lisa (guest)  

CD 2009/3/18 08:56
Lisa,

I'm not sure that that CD actually includes the station melodies. It primarily seems to be a collection of recorded onboard and platform announcements.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

CD 2009/3/18 11:21
I think this is the CD you are looking for if you want the station melodies.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/JR%E6%9D%B1%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/3/20 18:54
Ah thanks! I guess the other CD is the one I want to have. Is there a store where I can buy them in Japan? I never saw them at normal CD places. For what stores do I have to watch out....?
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/20 23:09
One ekiben shop inside Ueno Station has the CDs and a few other train related goods on sale.

I guess they are also available at other shops where JR East related goods are on sale. Possibly the biggest of them is in the Railway Museum in Omiya.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Never saw them yet 2009/3/21 16:19
Never saw those ekiben shops for JR goods yet, but I will look out for them! Ueno is a good adress because I will often pass the station =).
Thanks =)
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Also want this CD 2009/6/12 20:23
I really want the cd with the melodies but I'm not in Japan at the moment and I don't know enough japanese to order it from Amazon. Anyone who can help?
by Johan (guest) rate this post as useful

Amazon Japan 2009/6/13 07:05
Johan, there is a link on the right side of the Amazon page (linked in the message above) for translating to English.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread