Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with Itinerary please 2009/3/23 19:01
HI,

Sorry another itinerary question ........

We are off to Japan for 2 and a half weeks this is our basic itinerary. Are we trying to do to much and are there any improvements you can suggest??

1Tokyo
2Tokyo
3Tokyo
4Tokyo
5Tokyo: Day trip to Nikko
6Takayama: Morning travel to Takayama
7Takayama (full day)
8Kanazawa: Morning travel to Kanazawa
9Kanazawa (full Day)
10Kurama:Morning travel to Kyoto then on to Kurama ONSEN Kurama
1Kyoto: Morning travel back to Kyoto
12Kyoto:
13Kyoto: Day trip to Nara (53 mins)
14Morning travel to Mount Koya (3 hours) - overnight at temple
15Morning at Mount Koya - travel to Osaka
16Leave for Himeji then return to Tokyo in evening
17leave

We are not going to Hiroshima - Peace Park or Miyajima (should we rather skip / cut short some thing else and include this??)

N

by Nix (guest)  

... 2009/3/23 22:43
It looks like a very nice, unhurried itinerary.

We are not going to Hiroshima - Peace Park or Miyajima (should we rather skip / cut short some thing else and include this??)

It depends on your preferred travel pace. If you do not mind to speed up the pace, you could fit in Hiroshima. Alternatively, you could replace something. What to replace is a question of personal interest and preference.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Add Hiroshima & Miyajima 2009/3/24 05:20
Hello Nix:

As noted by Uji, you have an unhurried itinerary. Unless you've already done this, I suggest that you do a very detailed TIME/train schedule itinerary so that you can better relate to how much time you'll have at each city/town. If you pick up the pace a bit, you may be able to spend less time in Tokyo, Takayama and/or Kanazawa. I also found that a half day trip to Nara worked well for us giving us more time in Kyoto.

Then, consider adding Hiroshima & Miyajima while stopping over at Himeji on your way to Hiroshima or on your way back from Hiroshima. You can probably get by with only a 2.5 to 3.5 hours stop-over in Himeji depending on how much time you want to spend touring the castle and its grounds.

I personally enjoyed Hiroshima & Miyajima and both played a bigger part of our memorable trip to Japan. If you can, do consider staying one night at a Ryokan on Miyajima.

Have a wonderful and memorable trip.

Harold
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

Unless.... 2009/3/24 08:30
Unless you really enjoy fast pace big-city life, I would cut a day out of Tokyo (or 2) and spend that time seeing Hiroshima and Miyajima. I think you can see quite a lot of Tokyo in 3 days. Don't get me wrong, I love Tokyo-the lights, fast pace, trains, and combination of old and new, and have spent a lot of time there, but Hiroshima and Miyajima have beauty and other elements that have left much more of a lasting impression.
by :-0 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread