Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

High School Stay in Japan? 2009/3/25 12:59
I want to study abroad in Japan for a full year, a semester, or the summer. I am a high school student. Me, nor my family has the money for this. I am really passionate about it.

What programs are cheapest, and what scholarships should I consider applying to?

I find a lot of the application processes very confuses. Any additional help that could provided would be great.

Also, I saw this movie once, where a girl's school was hosting a sort study abroad program. Instead of it costing so much money, she simply switched places with a girl who wanted to study in her country (and she wanted to study in the other girl's country) so everything worked out and was fairly cheap. Is this only a movie plot? Is there a program that exists like this?
by undistinguishablefire  

Some suggestions 2009/3/26 17:51
I think that
''rotary'' might be one of the cheapest exchange programs, but the downside is that you aren't 100% guaranteed to get your country of choice. The exchange program ''AFS'' has a lot of scholarships available for Japan, but I live in Australia - i'm not sure if the AFS in the country that you live in is different. If you find the application process confusing, I reccomend just e-mailing or calling the program and asking them about it - when I applied to go on exchange, I found that the exchange programs were so nice and helpful. I know that Osaka Girl's Senior High (http://www.osakagirls-shs-international.org/) is a school with an exchange program, but they're not particularly cheap. I think the boarding school ''reitaku mizunami junior and senior high'' (http://www.mz.reitaku.jp/www/eng/) has taken exchange students before, to live in their boarding school. They usually take exchange students from their sister schools, but maybe you can arrange something if you contact them. It would be a cheaper option because you don't need to pay for an exchange program. ...I hope this was helpful! :)
by Ellen Lucinda (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread