Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I get it here or there? 2009/3/29 21:39
Hello :D

I've been deciding about moving to Japan after High School. But, I'm still thinking about how I'm gonna get there and stay there. So I thought up of the question, "Would staying here and getting my degree first then moving there, or Study abroad in a Japanese university and getting it there be better on moving to Japan?" I really don't want to make a bad choice that will screw my life D:
Thanks
by Ashita no Tsuki  

moving to Japan 2009/3/30 15:00
Are you aware that it is not entirely up to you to move and stay in a foreign country? you have to ask that country--in this case Japan--to give you a visa allowing to come to Japan and stay for a short (or longer) while. This forum has lots of posts about that but your best bet is to ask the Japanese embassy in your country.
by Big Brother (guest) rate this post as useful

here and there 2009/3/30 18:22
I think most posters in this forum would say to get your degree in your own country first. They'll ask you if you actually have been there first, in case you might not like it, tell you how expensive it is, language barriers etc. It takes alot of planning(years) - and good marks and getting into a japanese uni is only a fraction of it.
by toto (guest) rate this post as useful

Or get a schoolarship 2009/3/31 02:11
I agree that you should visit Japan before you decide to make any kind of decisions.

If you are interested in studying I suggest you to contact the Japanese embassay in your country to get more information. They will most likely be very helpful and if they do not know something will send you to right tracks.

One way to get the visa and admission to an university is through a schoolarship. These are a bit hard to get but if you are willing to give your best for that then getting them won't be a problem. You should ask the embassay about this. Also Japan Student Services Organization (http://www.jasso.go.jp/index_e.html) is a very good place to look for information about studying in Japan in general.

- Kaaleppi
by Kaaleppi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread