Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how would I go about being an animator.. 2009/3/30 12:04
I'm 16, and I want to do CG animation, or have a job in game design when i'm older. I want to study it in Japan. I've contacted a language school, and the lady said I should take the language for a year a half first. Then take a test, and I'd be most likely qualified. Is this accurate? Also, I've heard about animators not getting paid much. But it's a dream of mine and I'd rather do animation over a job that I hate.

Besides, I finally found what I want to do. And I think I can manage.
by DelanteH  

. 2009/4/2 22:51
Do you mean, "take the language for a year AND a half" then take a test, and you'd be most likely qualified as a professional in the animation industry?

If so, in a way it is accurate. But I know people who have been studying Japanese for ages and still can't speak it, while I know people who learn it just like that. So it depends on how hard you study and how social you are at practicing it.

Then if you speak enough Japanese and know enough Japanese manners to be able to communicate with your colleagues and bosses, then it's not that difficult to get involved in the animation industry. But you have to start at the bottom. The job at the bottom is not that creative and requires hard work, stress and sleepless nights.

Also it is true that animation doesn't make much money. So you need to finance yourself while studying Japanese and then while working at the bottom.

A lot of people who say, "I finally found what I want to do. And I think I can manage." drop out of language school, and more drop out of the animation industry. But even if your dream doesn't come true, it doesn't mean you can't dream it.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread