Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Guitar hero/Rock band Wii 2009/4/2 23:57
Hello everybody,

Does anyone know where I can buy Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Metallica or Rock Band in Tokyo or on a website for my Japanese Wii?

Thank you very much for any suggestions!
by 嘘!! (guest)  

... 2009/4/3 13:45
you can get it at http://www.play-asia.com/

The US version should work on a Japanese Wii.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Are you sure? 2009/4/3 15:52
I know that site and I checked it before. But isn't the wii region locked? Only the Japanese version would work on a Japanese wii, right?
Can anyone verify this?
by 嘘!! (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/3 16:58
According to play.asia.com the US version won't work on a Japanese system. So the original question still remains: Where can I buy Japanese versions of these games?
Thank you!

... 2009/4/3 17:09
You are correct, the wii is locked. I mixed it up with the 360.

As far as I'm aware there is no Japanese version of Rockband, but you can get the japan region versions of guitar hero from amazon japan:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AE%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%...

... 2009/4/3 17:47
I've also checked amazon before, but they unfortunately don't have GH Metallica or World tour, only Legends of Rock (GH3)...

... 2009/4/3 18:11
You should have mentioned the specific titles you were looking for earlier.

According to www.giantbomb.com, there are no Japanese releases for those GH World Tour or Metallica so you are unfortunately out of luck.

... 2009/4/3 19:41
Well I mentioned them in my opening post right?
No Japanese versions, huh? I was afraid of that. Thanks for your time and help anyways!

solution 2009/4/4 10:05
You can always try the "unofficial" way and load up Homebrew channel on your japanese wii (wiibrew.org on how to do this). This will allow you to play any region, so you can import american versions of those games and play them! I have an european wii and I own a few US and Japanese titles :))
by aerond rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/4 11:41
Well I mentioned them in my opening post right?

That you did. Sorry, I'm just way off today.

Unfortunately most games of this genre don't get translated to Japanese. You may want to get a US wii, or an xbox or ps3 which aren't region coded if you are really into rockband or guitar hero.

reply to this thread