Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I translate this phrase? 2009/4/14 07:30
I would like to ask you people if you could tell me how can this phrase be translated: "Living as a hizashi."?

Note: as far as I know the word 'hizashi' means 'sunray'.
by Hizashiro  

... 2009/4/14 08:27
Um, can you live as sunray? Do you mean like light of hope to others or something like that? The context or what you want to do with that phrase would help. By itself it does not make much sense and thus cannot be translated properly.
by AK rate this post as useful

meaning 2009/4/15 03:02
umm I want to say that I want I am giving hope to my friends and my family. I like the word 'hizashi', because the ray of the Sun is something that you can't live without with. I want to it to sound like it van't be the same without me. [;
by Hizashiro rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/15 07:16
I get the message, and that's a nice thought :) Still I wonder how you want to use that phrase?

- Taiyou no hizashi no you ni ikiru (To live/living like the ray of the sun).
- Taiyou no hizashi no you ni ikitai. (I want to live like the ray of the sun).

I'm just adding the phrase "taiyou no" (of the sun) because the word "sun" instantly adds warmth to the phrase.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2009/4/15 09:31
Thank you so so much! :) I am very glad that someone could help! btw sry for the bad typing of my previous resspond. I didn't check it for any mistakes! :D
Thanks again AK :) Um just one more question - how can hizashiro be spelled in Japanese? I have never thought of that one! :) Or if you can spell me out the whole sentence, please? I picked up the first sentence you translated, because "Living as the ray of the Sun" sound way better because you are ALREADY doing it! :)
by Hizashiro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread