Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moble email address for Mixi 2009/4/15 13:14
Hello, I was trying to create and account on the popular Japanese social networking site Mixi, when it asked me for a moble email address (Docomo, KDDI, something like that) and being that I live in the US, such addresses are not availabel to me. I was wondering two things. Is there a way around this requirement and if there is no way to bypass this, would some one be gracious enough to allow me to send an email to their mobile account for a simple conformation. Thanks for the help.
by silverwolf62  

Mixi 2009/4/15 13:32
silverwolf62,

Yes, you need a mobile email address in addition to a PC email address to sign up. This is to prevent people from creating multiple accounts. In the past, this requirement only applied when using a free web email address (such as Yahoo etc). I don't know if it is still the case, but have you tried registering using a proper ISP email address? If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you could be stuck.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Mobile email 2009/4/15 14:52
As Dave says you need to have a mobile email address these days. You used to be able to get an invite by a member and just use your isp email.
It IS a Japanese social network and you are in the US after all :)
by Stacy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread