Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Money Issues.... 2009/4/18 08:53
Hi,
If I were in Japan for, say, two weeks, how much money do you think I'd need per day?
Lets say for accomodation and food altogether. Thanks....
by BlackShinobiGurlx  

... 2009/4/19 08:23
by Uji rate this post as useful

More info needed 2009/4/19 08:25
When asking that kind of question you need to give a bit more information, for example whether you want to stay in hostels or nicer hotels, travel or stay in one place, what activities you want to do here etc. The answer varies widely depending on the above factors.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2009/4/19 10:47
I would like to stay in a decent hotel nothing fancy, preferably somthing cheap. For food, the cheapest things that tast nice. Decent food. All I need is an amount for food and accomodation, like I mentioned in my first post.
Thanks...
by BlackShinobiGurlx rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/19 10:52
I would once again refer you back to the link provided by Uji. You can read the descriptions, and select your preferred accomodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. What people consider decent food varies greatly from one person to another :)

I would suggest business hotel for accommodation, so that would put you in the "medium budget" range for accommodation for a starter.
by AK rate this post as useful

....THANKS.... 2009/4/19 18:55
Thanks for all the help. While I'm here could you please help me prove my little sister wrong? She wants to know wether or not you can use JR passes for travelling through Tokyo (like Shibuya to Shinjuku etc.). She won't believe
me! =K

JR 2009/4/19 18:59
You can use a JR pass for the JR Yamanote loop in Tokyo so you can use it to travel from Shibuya to Shinjuku and anywhere else that's on the loop.
by AusEz rate this post as useful

JR vs subway 2009/4/19 20:44
If however you want to go somewhere that doesn't have a JR station, like Roppongi, Akasaka or Aoyama for example, then you will have to take the subway and won't be able to use the JR pass unless you want to walk a long way from the nearest JR station.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

....THANKS.... 2009/4/19 21:39
Thanks again everyone....
Oh yeah, and AusEz , that's EXACTLY what I told her; you got it WORD perfect!!!!
Thanks....
:K

JR pass 2009/4/20 06:28
Another thing is that using a JR pass (even a 7 day one) to go around Tokyo is a waste of money as you can get a Tokunai Pass (730 yen) for the Unlimited use of JR trains in the central Tokyo area on one calendar day. 730 X 7 = 5710 yen versus 28 300 yen for a 7 days JR pass. Even adding day trips to Kamakura and other places would still be cheaper than the 7 days JR pass. Check http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e627.html to learn ALL ABOUT transportation in Japan (it is from A-Z at the top of this page). You can also use a Suica smart card to travel around Tokyo by JR and any of the subways etc. but that may be a bit too technically challenging for you.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

:K 2009/4/20 10:20
Thanks again everyone,
So sorry my posts are never clear enough....
I forgot to mention we wouldnt ONLY use the JR pass for Tokyo. We would be using one of the seven days to use it in Tokyo and the rest out of Tokyo.

reply to this thread