Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone or Fuji Five Lakes area? 2009/4/19 00:19
Hi,

I have searched around but can't find my exact question so hoping you have some advice.

My boyfriend and I are going to Japan at the beginning of September for 11 days. As well as stays in Tokyo and Kyoto, we would like to stay in either Hakone or the Five Lakes area for either 2 or 3 nights.

Which area would be best to stay in? The things we are interested in are:
-boat/ropeway/cablecar trips
-places to walk
-good views of Mount Fuji
-other touristy things like museums/shrines/amusement parks etc
-places to eat other than just in hotels

Which area do you think would best suit our needs? Also, as it seems like both areas would be nice to see, how far away are they from each other? Is it easy to travel between the two areas?

Thanks very much.
by hannah (guest)  

... 2009/4/19 08:55
If you have three or even four days, I recommend to visit both. Here is how to travel between them:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html?aFROM=5200_6900

Generally speaking, I find Hakone more interesting and more beautiful, but the Fuji Five Lake area has the better views of Mount Fuji, because it is considerably closer.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Possibly invisible Fuji 2009/4/19 09:04
Remember that due to cloud cover you may not see Mt. Fuji while you are there, particularly in summer when it can be very hazy. You might be lucky and have some clear times, but just to warn you that you should be prepared for the possibility of it being covered in cloud, as it often is.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread