Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo JR Pass 2009/4/19 11:47
Hi,

I'll be in Japan for 10 days. However the first 6 days will be covered by a package tour. The last 4 days will be spent on my own in Tokyo. The only long train routes I anticipate is to visit Gotemba Factory Outlets and using the Narita Express from Tokyo to Narita Airport on my departure date.

I know that the JR Pass is available for min of 5 days but it covers all of Japan. Is there a more cheaper JR Pass that specifically covers my route? And is it worth it for my 2 long return train rides? Would appreciate some advice. Thank you.
by SR (guest)  

... 2009/4/19 16:45
I know that the JR Pass is available for min of 5 days but it covers all of Japan.

No, the nationwide pass is available from 7 days.

Is there a more cheaper JR Pass that specifically covers my route?

No. Regular tickets or a prepaid card are likely to be cheapest.

And is it worth it for my 2 long return train rides?

No, they are not really long. You need to travel longer distances in order for JR passes to pay off.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/20 04:13
As you stay with Tokyo for 4 days, JR pass is not suitable for a short trip.

You may consider hakone free pass for one- or two-day trip to Hakone and Gotemba. That would be cheaper.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
by Dinon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread