Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport Question + Tsukiji 2009/4/19 23:38
I would like to find out the fastest/easiest way for the following routes:

1. From Maihama (Disney) to Odawara (Hakone)
2. Odawara to Kyoto
3. Kyoto to Shinagawa (Tokyo)

I am arriving Narita airport on a Sat at 0730 and staying at the Best Western Shinjuku. I have only 2 nights in Tokyo before making my way to Disney on Monday. It seems like Monday morning is the only time I can visit Tsukiji. Therefore I would have to carry my bags with me to Tsukiji. Is there anywhere I can store my luggage? It doesn't quite make sense for me to go from Shinjuku to Tsukiji and back to Shinjuku to take my bags before making my way to Maihama. Any other suggestions?

I doubt I can make it to Tsukiji on Sat (day of arrival), check in to hotel and go straight to Tsukiji before it close right?

Thank you for any advice!
by Pinc (guest)  

... 2009/4/20 07:16
1. From Maihama (Disney) to Odawara (Hakone)

You can look up your options here:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

2. Odawara to Kyoto

Use a direct hikari train along the Tokaido Shinkansen. There is one direct train roughly every two hours.

3. Kyoto to Shinagawa (Tokyo)

By Tokaido Shinkansen.

It seems like Monday morning is the only time I can visit Tsukiji. Therefore I would have to carry my bags with me to Tsukiji. Is there anywhere I can store my luggage?

How about sending your big luggage to your Kyoto hotel? In any case, don't bring any large luggage into the market!
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/20 07:16
by Uji rate this post as useful

Useful! 2009/4/20 12:02
Thanks for that link! It's very very helpful!
by Pinc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread