Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamakura 2009/4/20 01:58
Grateful for advise on the following day trip to Kamakura under planning.

Tokyo - Kita-Kamakura Station - Kenchoji Temple - Tsurugaoka Hachinangu Shrine - Kamakura Station (lunch) -bus- Daibutsu - Hasedera Temple - Hase Station - Yokohama (dinner) - Tokyo.

Should I consider the Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu, the Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass or pay as I travel?

Thanks
by Shawn (guest)  

... 2009/4/20 07:30
JR's Kamakura Enoshima Free Kippu provides a very small discount over regular tickets. But it does not cover the bus to the Daibutsu. Take the Enoden train, instead.

Odakyu's pass is even cheaper, but it would involve considerably longer travel times and is not recommended unless you also visit Enoshima.
by Uji rate this post as useful

more 2009/4/24 02:49
Thanks Uji. Just one more question. As I would be travelling to Kamakura during the Golden Week, I guess it would be crowded on the way back to Tokyo via Yokohama by Yokosuka Line. In order to secure a seat, can I first go to Zushi Station from Kamakura before heading back to my destination? Would it be simple like walking to the opposite side of the train platform at Zushi Station and board the train when it comes? Do I need to pay for this stop?

Thanks
by Shawn (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/24 08:43
In order to secure a seat, can I first go to Zushi Station from Kamakura before heading back to my destination?

It is not covered by the ticket. In theory, you would have to pay for it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread