Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Room Keys 2009/4/22 17:20
I usually stay in smaller hotels where it is customary to leave the keys at the front desk when leaving the hotel for the day.

I have a trip to Japan where I'm booked at a larger western style hotel with room cards instead of keys. Do I still leave the card with the front desk when I leave?
by Oname wa James desu. (guest)  

... 2009/4/23 10:13
nope, hotel key cards are meant to be taken with you when you leave the hotel. I suppose you could check it in at the front desk if you are prone to lose things though.

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/4/23 17:59
Thanks YellowSmurf. Lived in and traveled to Japan for about 15 years and this is the first time I'm staying in a Western Hotel there, and wasn't too sure what to expect.
by Bokku wa James desu. (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/23 18:12
My rule of thumb is that if the key (be it a card or not) comes with the room number written on it, then I leave it with the hotel reception when I go out. If it's an anonymous-looking re-writable card, meaning noone can tell my room number should I lose it outside the hotel and someone picks it up, then I take it with me.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread