Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Language Schools 2009/4/23 10:36
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to live and learn Japan(ese) for at least a year.

Can anyone recommend a language school in Japan who offers accomadations, classes 5 days a week, and has very reasonable prices?

Somewhere in Tokyo, Osaka, or Kyoto preferred.

Thank ahead guys.
by drab07  

Shinshu 2009/4/23 12:55
Shinshu University in Matsumoto has an intensive language course offered five days a week, although it is not in any of the cities you mentioned, it is situated well enough that I think travel to any of those would be fairly easy. I don't know if that answer helps you any, but it is where I will be spending 10 months studying, and I've heard great reviews about it.
by Syrus rate this post as useful

32 yrs old 2009/4/25 16:48
"Shinshu University in Matsumoto has an intensive language course offered five days a week, although it is not in any of the cities you mentioned, it is situated well enough that I think travel to any of those would be fairly easy. I don't know if that answer helps you any, but it is where I will be spending 10 months studying, and I've heard great reviews about it. "

Is Shinshu University for students or undergrads? I do apologize as I forgot to mention that I am no longer a student and 32 yrs of age.

Thank you!
by drab07 rate this post as useful

I Hope This Helps 2009/4/26 22:29
Drab07,

I believe that Shinshu admits both undergraduate and graduate students. Two of the students attending my university as exchange students from Shinshu are both working towards their undergraduate degrees. I believe they also offer graduage programs. I hope this information will help you some. Here is a link to their language program.

Language Course
http://www.shinshu-u.ac.jp/institution/suic/english/

This is their main site if you need more information
http://www.shinshu-u.ac.jp/other_language/english/about...
by Syrus rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2009/4/29 04:31
Nihongo Center in Kyoto. It's a 5 minute walk from Kawaramachidori, one of the livelier sections of town. Decent prices, staff is excellent. Went there previously, so I know. ULTRA convenient location, and they can assist with a dorm room, if you needed one. Highly recommended. The man in charge is Kurita Sensei, and he is an amazing teacher. If you have the chance, please look into it.
by Temtongkek (guest) rate this post as useful

try... 2009/4/30 05:15
Try Yamasa Institute, language school too. Their program looked pretty good.

yamasa.org
by Reina Jess rate this post as useful

reply to this thread