Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Korean BBQ 2009/4/24 20:19
Whilst in Nagoya recently I ate at a restaurant that offered all you can eat Sukiyaki, Shabu Shabu or a third option that was described as ‘Korean BBQ’. This was not Yakiniku (which is what I thought was Korean BBQ). It was closer to the other two options in that it was meat that we cooked ourselves at the table in a fashion that I would describe as a cross between boiling and stewing. Sorry that the description is a bit rubbish but does anyone know what it could have been?
by harkins (guest)  

Nagoya 2009/4/25 11:16
Do you know the name of the place or where abouts in Nagoya? There are many places that do "Korean BBQ" and I have most likely been to many of them so i might know of it.
What you describe sort of sounds like Nabe in general
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/26 04:29
I don't know the name of the place nor exactly where it is but I was staying in the Richmond hotel. I turned right out of there, past the Hilton, for only a minute or two and then turned right into a quite street with a kind of archway atit's entrance. The place was a few yards along on the right hand side. There were tables in booths near the front and sitting on your bum places at the back. Not much help hey?
by harkins (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2009/4/26 10:49
by xexstyle (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/4/27 19:56
It is indeed Korean BBQ from the way you described it. We ate at a Korean BBQ restaurant in Okinawa. I found it to be delicious.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Not really 2009/4/27 22:14
"There were tables in booths near the front and sitting on your bum places at the back. Not much help hey?"

Unfortunately not unless that one xexstyle mentions happens to be it. There are a lot around that area in general, as well as some fantastic traditional Japanese places =)
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread