Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Completing a sentence 2009/4/27 04:59
I'm trying to tell my Japanese friend that just had anemia that if she ate lots of red meat like beef then she won't suffer from Anemia in the future. The first part of the sentence, is fine but I'm not sure what verb to use at the end of the sentence

沢山の牛肉を食べると、貧血 If you eat lots of beef,

Then I'm not sure what verb I'd use to finish the sentence, I suppose I could say something like If you eat lots of beef, then you won't faint from Anemia again. I'm not sure which particle to use after hinketsu and I'm also not familiar with the most common word the Japanese use for fainting. So could you help me finish the sentence?

If there is a better way to write this sentence please tell me. Thanks in advance
by P3K Orion (guest)  

... 2009/4/27 09:09
For saying "to have/suffer from anemia," you say:
貧血 を 起こす

So you can say:
たくさんの牛肉を食べると、貧血を起こしませんよ・貧血を起こさないよ。

Or you can say ".... you can go without suffering from anemia":
...貧血を起こさずにすみますよ・貧血を起こさずにすむよ。

About the first part of the sentence, I might suggest:
たくさん牛肉を食べれば、

This is more "if you (habitually) eat beef a lot/often" instead of "if you eat a lot of beef." With your version, it sounds just a bit like you have to eat a heap at one go :)

Also, "....(re) ba" form makes it clear "if you do A, you get result B."
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/4/27 12:19
That's great. Thank you.
by P3K Orion (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread