Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumo Tournament 2009/4/29 03:58
Hi (again).
I have a couple of questions about the Grand Sumo Tournament. I will be going to the one in Nagoya this July.

1. Can I take photos?
2. Are there single seats that I can purchase that come with the lunch and tea, or do I have to buy the box for 2?
by aurora (guest)  

... 2009/4/29 13:35
Can I take photos?

Yes!

Are there single seats that I can purchase that come with the lunch and tea, or do I have to buy the box for 2?

I believe that only the box seats come with tea, and only if you buy them through a chaya ("tea house").

Note also that most boxes are for four people. Only at the edges there are some special boxes for less than four people.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Great 2009/4/29 23:31
Thanks!
by aurora (guest) rate this post as useful

Precision about the pictures 2009/5/2 23:26
Note that if you're sitting far from the ring, you will probably want to walk down one of the alleys that allow you to get closer and take better pictures. According to the rules, this is forbidden and although you won't get sanctioned for doing so, you might come across an overzealous employee that will be constantly on your back asking you to return to your seat.
Please check out this link to see the kind of pictures you can expect to take with a compact camera (that was two years ago in Nagoya): http://www.tartoinjapan.com/en/blog_post-100-sumo.html
I will also give you an idea of the layout and the size of the boxes.
by Tarto rate this post as useful

reply to this thread