Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn - twin room for 2A1C 2009/5/5 22:36
Need help above. Not getting the answers after reading through the toyoko-inn.com question thread. I'm travelling with my spouse and child (age 10). Intend is for the kid to share a bed with either of us, in a twin room.

Questions:
1. Are the 2 beds of the same size, or is one a single while the other is a larger (120cm?140cm?super single?).

2. My understanding is that all the inns are setup the same. so if i get the above answer, it applies to all Toyoko inns. Yes?

3. Child policy - all the different hotels' websites shows child charges. This is where i get confused - does this explicitly mean they allow a child to share a room with 2 adults? I hate to show up with luggage in tow and get turned away.

I wrote to a couple of the inns (in as simplifed english as I could) but had yet to receive a reply. So any insights is appreciated.

Thanks!
koh
by kohsb  

beds 2009/5/6 16:09
ALL the twin beds in Toyoko inn, as in many hotels around the world are the same size. that why they are called twin...their are 120 cm (4 ft) wide. Your confusion come from the annoying fact that some hotels photos show a single room and a DOUBLE room also labeled as single room!
10 years may be a bit old depending on the size of the child..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Information in Japanese website 2009/5/12 23:04
I find the information you need in Toyoko Inn Japanese website.

Size of the bed is basically 1400mm width for a single room,but there are some rooms with 1200mm width bed.
All Toyoko Inn hotels offer 1200 or 1400mm bed for their single room.
However not mentined on a bed in double or twin room.Hopefully,beds in a twin room will be 1400mm.

A primary shoolchild can share a bed free of charge. Therefore your kid can be allowed to share your bed in any Toyoko Inn.
If your kid needs pillow,toothbrush or other amenities,you should request them for 1050yen per one set.

I hope this will help you,koh!
by aya (guest) rate this post as useful

business twin should be fine 2009/5/17 07:17
I recently stayed at the Toyoko-inn shin-osaka honkan. I shared a business twin with my 3 kids (ages 9, 4 & 1.5). The rooms are tiny - couldnt really swing a cat but the beds were big enough. 1 night my 1.5 & 4 yo gate-crashed my bed with ease and the other nites my 1.5yo slept with his older brother and my 4 yo slept with me. I think a business twin should be fine (i never saw one but I guess a standard twin should be fine as well - I just booked the business twin because the bathroom seperated the beds so I could divide & concour the kids if need be :-)! )

Another friend of mine shared a single with her very large 5yo with ease.

As for the cost - they only charged me the room rate and nothing extra for the kids. I was under the impression that they only charged if the kids were 11 and older. You could always ring the hotel your booking and check with them directly. Also I know some places have doubles and semi-doubles in their rooms but dont state that on their english websites only on the japanese ones. Both m parents and sister and her husband slept in a semi-double with ease.
by Deaks (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread