Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Express' rice? 2009/5/6 04:09
Recently, I visited a local fast food place called "Tokyo Express". I never took the time out to ask the people who work there anything about the food since all of them aren't exactly Japanese, nor do they speak good English. The rice there is simply delicious. You can watch them cook it, but the bottles used are unlabeled so there's no real way of guessing the ingredients.

I was wondering if there's a traditional or well-known recipe for this kind of rice. I can taste the soy sauce and/or teriyaki sauce on it and it was suggested to me that the taste may just come from the equipment used to cook it. Any help?
by clifi  

rice 2009/5/6 16:23
a local place where?Japan, your home country? in Japan all rice is cooked by a machine--even at home--(I have one in my home in Canada) and rice is served plain without any sauce at all. Most Japanese people hate to see soja sauce and other stuff put on rice. Sometimes a cook will make fried rice by mixing plain cooked rice with all sorts of foodstuff and stir frying the whole thing. Or you can pour a broth with vegetables, meat or fish etc. on top of a bowl of plain cooked rice. This is the exception to the rule.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Ah, I see. 2009/5/7 23:09
Oh, no. I live in America. I see now that it's just how they cook it. I'd been confused since I've always seen Japanese rice served plain, but then the place I spoke of makes it differently. I suppose I'm better off just asking them to figure out their choice in cooking rice. Thank you!
by clifi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread