Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where to sell books? 2009/5/10 21:36
i live in tokyo, in a very small apartment so i have to optimize the space. I have tons of books i don't use anymore so i was thinking of selling them or even donating them. Is there such a place in tokyo? i really wouldn't like to throw them away, i'm sure someone might find them useful...
by beto (guest)  

Good Day books 2009/5/11 08:08
Yes, you can take them to Good Day Books in Ebisu, where you will get a credit note for the amount they value them at which you can use towards buying books at the shop- this is what I have been doing with all my un-needed books for years.

There is also the Blue Parrot book store in Takadanobaba, but I haven't dealt with them myself.

Good Day's website:

http://www.gooddaybooks.com/gooddaybooks/contents/home/...
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

BOOK OFF 2009/5/11 12:12
Some of the larger BOOK OFF chain stores will buy back English books for cash. This is probably a better choice for you, given you seem to be looking to get rid of books -- not aquire new ones.

Unfortunately, you will most likely need to complete the sell-back process in Japanese (filling out a form, showing ID, and communicating with a shop clerk).
by mia (guest) rate this post as useful

Russian books 2009/5/11 16:01
I wonder if there's any chance of getting rid of books in Russian. Tried to look up a Russian community, but just couldn't find a decent forum.
by Mike1983 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread