Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer Times and JR Beetle 2009/5/11 06:55
Hi -

On the Hyperdia, they give you transfer times and I want to know how much is feasible to get from one train to another. I have 6 minutes to get from a Shinkansen Kodama arriving from Kyoto in Shinosaka station to another Shinkansen Hikari going to Kokura station. Is that enough time?

Also, does the JR Railpass include the JR Beetle, or give a discount on the Beetle from Fukuoka to Busan?

Thanks!
by figojonny  

... 2009/5/11 06:59
On the Hyperdia, they give you transfer times and I want to know how much is feasible to get from one train to another.

The transfer times apply to a relatively slowly moving person who is familiar with the train stations.

I have 6 minutes to get from a Shinkansen Kodama arriving from Kyoto in Shinosaka station to another Shinkansen Hikari going to Kokura station. Is that enough time?

Yes, it is more than enough time. Typically transfer times between shinkansen at Shin-Osaka can be made within 30 seconds (in case of two trains stopping across the same platform) and 1-3 minutes (in case you have to change platforms).

Also, does the JR Railpass include the JR Beetle, or give a discount on the Beetle from Fukuoka to Busan?

No and no.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread