Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice wanted on Changing Visas 2009/5/11 16:15
Hi

Ifm currently in Japan for three months on a tourist visa. I would like to apply for a working holiday visa in order that I can a few hours a week so that I can supplement my savings. I have had a look on the Japan Ministry of foreign affairs website and understand that for some crazy reason I have to be outside of the country to apply for one of these visas I only have about 7 weeks left and would appreciate some advice if anyone knows anything about changing visa status i.e. would a short hop to Korea to apply for the visa be a realistic option, and if so how long does a change in visa take? Any advice would be much appreciated.

G
by Bushi (guest)  

WHV 2009/5/11 17:50
Someone else can correct me if I am wrong but I believe to apply for the working holiday visa you must be a resident in the country you are applying from.
Also the period in which you are granted/refused the WHV visa may vary. It might be very fast and it might take longer.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread