Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying residence tax from overseas 2009/5/19 22:42
I was working in Japan last year, came back to Australia intending just to be here for Christmas holidays, but due to some family issues I wasn't able to go back to Japan. I haven't handed in my gaijin card and didn't pay off any residence tax that I guess I would have had for 2008. My visa has now expired, and I want to get a new one and go back to Japan but I'm afraid that I would be rejected for a new visa because this tax hasn't been paid. If I go to the consulate and tell them about this, do you think I will be able to settle up on the tax and then be able to get a new visa with no problems?
by Gav (guest)  

why would you? 2009/5/20 19:22
my friend just had to pay his local tax before they would renew his visa. he never left japan though. in your case it would be a new application and i don't think it would be an issue.

were you even here for more than a year because you don't pay until the second year.

by the way did you go to the tax office and get a refund on your income tax?
by anon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread