Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 days in Kyoto 2009/5/21 08:54
Want to visit these places while staying in Kyoto. My hotel is in the Kyoto station building (Granvia). Can I do this in two days and does anyone recommend something better than what I have below?

Thank you very much

Kyoto

Kiyomizudera Temple
Sanjusangendo
Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion)

Day 2

Nara

Todaiji Temple
Nara Park
Fushimi Inari Shrine
by Gatsby71  

suggestions 2009/5/21 16:02
Hey Gatsby. You have a pretty good itinerary there. If you don't mind walking a bit, you could walk to Sanjusangendo from Kyoto station and then to Kiyomizudera. I did that. Can be less time than the bus. Then you could have lunch and then take buses (you'd have to look into which ones) to Kinkakuji. After this, you should have time to go over to Arashiyama. I definitely recommend Arashiyama if you have time. You can go in the bamboo groves, cross the river and walk along the river and go up the hill (by hiking) to the Monkey Park, where you have an excellent view of the city and surrounding hills/mountains. Very beautiful up top. Unfortunately this site says the monkey park closes at 5, so you'd have to get there before then, which I think is doable. And you might have to go straight to the Monkey park first and see the bamboo groves after that if time is an issue. From Kinkakuji, walk or take a bus to Kitano Hakubaicho station on the Keifuku line, which takes you to Arashiyama. After you're done in Arashiyama in the evening, you can take JR train (which is not the same Arashiyama station as Keifuku) directly back to Kyoto Station.

As for the second day. I disagree with the previous poster. If you get up a decent hour, you'll have plenty of time to explore Nara and Fushimi Inari. I did both in the same day coming from Osaka, which is farther away. I would got to Nara first and then when you're down head back up to Inari. I would do it in that order b/c Inari stays open late and you can walk around til sunset (or maybe even later, not sure). My friends and I stayed there up along the trail til sunset. Very mystical/amazing experience, especially if you go up into the forest at the top of the hill.

I wish you a great trip, and have fun!
by Jesse (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2009/5/22 08:19
Thanks for your help!
by Gatsby71 rate this post as useful

I live close to 33gendou for 5 years. 2009/5/23 15:18
Kinkakuji is west.
kiyomizu and 33gendou is east.

If you take Ginkakuji instead of Kinkakuji, your plan will be more perfect.

take the bus stop for line of city bus 206(east bound) which is next to the c-bus 100. if 100(or 208) comes before 206 come, you take 100or 208 to 33gendou. after 33gendou you walk just a hundred meter east and turn left to find Higashiyama7joh bus stop and any bus goes to Kiyomizu.

and then ask your watch and any locals to how to rush one of the Kinkaku/Ginkaku
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread