Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Myers-Briggs: Any popularity in Japan? 2009/5/23 16:11
Does anyone know or has used Myers-Briggs in Japan? Basically Myers-Briggs is a relationship analyzer because using certain tests or studies people can determine their personality using 4 letters that mean different things. In the US and definitely in the Army I have seen it grow in popularity with even books of people who study personality-based relationship statistics.

Has it been used in Japan or have any popularity or familiarity there?
by Brio  

Myers Briggs 2009/5/24 06:56

I never discussed Myers/Briggs with the Japanese people I knew but they all gave Blood Type a lot of credibility as a predictor of personality type. Even the people who said, 'no, we don't really think it's true' would laugh and describe all the attributes of the different types.
by Spendthrift (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/5/24 11:21
I easily found lots of Japanese info by Googling the keywords; Myers-Briggs 日本語. Here's a Japanese translation of the test.
http://www5.big.or.jp/~seraph/zero/mbti.cgi

Maybe I'd done it before. I forgot. I don't think you can say that it's really "popular" here, though.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread