Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese compassion 2009/5/25 00:41
Hey there Japanites, I'm wondering if anyone knows of(and can suggest) any other unique attractions like tama the railway cat, or the story surrounding the statue of hachicko. Not particularly animal themed, despite the given examples, but rather tales of japanese compassion/affection.

Also if i can trouble you for some travel advise: I plan to land in nagoya, travel up to tokyo then down through kyoto, osaka and back to nagoya, and will be in japan for two weeks - should i purchase a railway pass or would it be best to buy tickets as needed?
Thanks in advance
by Ky (guest)  

... 2009/5/25 08:11
There is a lot of compassion/promotion for local food specialties.

For example, there is a gyoza statue in Utsunomiya City. And an apple statue in Hirosaki.

I am afraid I could not come up with anything more interesting right now.

I plan to land in nagoya, travel up to tokyo then down through kyoto, osaka and back to nagoya, and will be in japan for two weeks - should i purchase a railway pass or would it be best to buy

If you do all the major trips within a 7-day period, a 7-day Japan Rail Pass will pay off. Otherwise, regular tickets will come cheaper.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tama 2009/5/25 09:20
some information about Tama the stationmaster cat:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+5...
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread