Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to another apartment 2009/5/26 23:39
Does any body have any experience of moving from one apartment to another ? Because I have a confussion about the Gas, the electric, the telephone, and the house cleaning. Thanx for you help.
by OPP (guest)  

. 2009/5/27 08:54
I'm not sure exactly what the question is- you'll just have to have the gas/elecrtic cancelled at the old place, and then have it started at the new place. In some cases the real estate people will help with getting the new gas and electricity set up if it seems you'll have trouble. For phone, I'm not sure- I think you can keep your same number if you move in the same city, but if not it's the same thing- just cancel and resign up (and sometimes you can get new customer bonuses by signing up with for a new service :)

Most apartments don't offer house cleaning, so I don't think that would be an issue- if you want a cleaner you'll have to contact an agency privately.
by Kate (guest) rate this post as useful

Confusion? 2009/5/27 09:03
What are you confused about? You have to cancel those services at your old place and get them connected for when you move to your new place. The real estate agent can probably help you out if you aren't sure.
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/5/27 20:08
You call each of the utility companies (electricity, gas, water, fixed phone) and tell them that as of such and such date you will move from your current address to... and give the new address. I believe that gas, electricity, and water guys come on the day when you say you move out, check the meter with you, and close the main. If you need to use the light or use the water a little bit after they take that procedure, you can turn it back on for a bit :)

For phone line, if you have a fixed land line, and if you have any internet connection with it, check if the new apartment has the same type of internet connection available.

About house cleaning, after you move out, the landlord/real estate agency sends in a house-cleaning staff to clean the place/change wallpaper, etc., and they charge you for the bulk of the cleaning by deducting that charges from the deposit you made initially, and return you the balance later.
by AK rate this post as useful

moving 2009/5/28 03:05
this is pretty much what we do in Europe and North America too..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Moving 2009/5/28 03:10
I should have added that you need to tell your bank(s) and whatever magazines etc. you subscribe to that you are moving (when,where). Here we also have to change the address on the driver license and/or other ID card.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread